Secrets of GetSmart Revealed
If you spell the word “GetSmart” backwards, you will see the two words viz. “Tram” and “Steg”.
Tram simply means a transport vehicle. The definition of Tram from Google search is as follows: A tram (also known as tramcar; and in North America known as streetcar, trolley or trolley car), is a rail vehicle which runs on tracks along public urban streets (called street running), and also sometimes on separate rights of way. The lines or networks operated by tramcars are called tramways.
The word Steg is short for Steganography which simply means secret messages. The definition for Steganography from Google search is as follows: Steganography is the science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one apart from the sender and intended recipient even realizes there is a hidden ….
GetSmart Productivity System (GPS) incorporates the 3-Legged Model, viz.
1. Developing a conducive work environment – to support personal and organizational growth
2. Applying proven success formula of renown Total Quality Management (TQM) gurus – using the GetSmart 5-Steps Plan
3. Taking action – with GetSmart Action Plans to set Smart Goals
The 3-Legged Model is a holistic approach towards achieving work excellence, work improvement, and productivity enhancement for individuals as well as for organizations.
The Essential Courses provided by GetSmart Productivity System (GPS) include Skill in Leading; Skill in Work Improvement; Skill in Communication and Giving Instructions, and Effective Workplace Performance and Review, embraces the “3-Legged Model” to ensure completeness in productivity drive for higher achievements for personal growth and organizational success.
Two questions came to mind when I reflected on the above:
1. The 3rd Leg of GPS is to take action on what you want to do to achieve work excellence. What would you do to achieve that? Give an example.
2. If you were asked to give three examples of what you could do as an individual to promote a conducive work environment at your workplace, what would they be?